When designing spaces for clients, Kevin Briggs makes sure he first understands how they will use their spaces and what style preferences they have. He listens attentively to their wishes and concerns, then produces a plan that incorporates those details. He creates a personal, beautiful and functional space for his clients, and turns their dreams into reality.
Kevin practices restraint when it comes to design and avoids the common mistake of overdesigning a space, which makes the space cluttered and too busy. He often characterizes his design philosophy as 'understated elegance'.
Kevin Briggs has more than 20 years experience in the remodeling industry, specializing in kitchens, baths and home additions. He is adept in all design styles, from Old World or Traditional to Transitional and Modern, as evidenced by his many awards.
Prior to his design and remodeling experience Kevin spent many years working in all aspects of the restaurant industry from smaller independently owned restaurants to large luxury hotels. He brings that experience with him when he designs kitchens and has won many design awards for his work.
Passions other than design
- Food and wine (cooking and eating)
- Music – contemporary jazz, blues
- Playing music – guitar, piano
- Traveling – usually to places known for great food and music (also beaches)
- Spending time with family and friends (usually with good food and music)
- National Kitchen and Bath Association – www.nkba.org
CMKBD - Certified Master Kitchen and Bath Designer
- National Association of Home Builders – www.nahb.org
CAPS - Certified Aging in Place Specialist
CGP - Certified Green Professional
CGR - Certified Graduate Remodeler
- National Association of the Remodeling Industry – www.nari.org
CR - Certified Remodeler